The perfect way to get into the holiday spirit this week is checking out all the fun Christmas light displays and events around town!
Here is a list & some photos to help guide you around town:
Nothing is more fun than to drive through the Blackhawk Bluff Subdivision off of Girvin Road (located West of Atlantic Beach) during the holidays. If you have never been, I would suggest going Mon-Thursday as I bet Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be busy with backed up traffic.
At the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park. A magical wonder under millions and millions of lights at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida. Take a brand new journey with over 3 miles and over 12 million Christmas Lights and Displays! Sing along with local musicians around the campsite, visit Santa at the Country Store, visit our crafters in Santa’s Village, rock out with the Puppetone Rockers and enjoy delicious snacks at Santa’s Goodie Shop. Suwannee Lights is open 6pm-10pm nightly now through December 31, 2022. More info HERE.
Night Of Lights in St. Augustine
Celebrating 29 years, the display is award-winning as all of the Historic area of downtown St. Augustine is lit up with thousands of white lights. Nights of Lights runs each night now- through Jan. 31. More info HERE
Deck The Chairs in Jacksonville Beach
Deck The Chairs turns lifeguard chairs into holiday displays! Deck the Chairs is set up at the Sea Walk Pavilion and is free to walk through, it runs until Jan. 1. Info HERE
‘Dazzling Nights’ at Jacksonville Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
This one I have never been to, so it is definitely on my list this year. The Jacksonville Arboretum & Botanical Gardens transforms their gardens into a winter wonderland for “Dazzling Nights” , l featuring a million lights, magical displays, music, colorful forests and more. Click HERE for more information.
ZooLights at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
Christmas at the Zoo! ZOOLights features more than 2 million lights twinkling with vibrant colors, creative imagery and photo-worthy backdrops. It does run select dates this week: Dec 22 - 24 | From 6 - 9 p.m.) And BTW, a Zoo Membership would make a great gift! More info HERE
City of Jacksonville’s Christmas Tree
The City of Jacksonville’s Christmas Tree is lit and located at James Weldon Johnson Park. It is energy-efficient with over 78,000 LED lights and 150 ornaments!
Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Nocatee-A-Glow, which runs until the end of December at Spray Waterpark and Nocatee Station Field. It is family-friendly and includes a Christmas village, horse-drawn carriage rides, a petting zoo, food trucks and more!
Beaches Train Club Running Holiday Trains at Beaches Library
My Dad use to do this on our back porch! Check out the trains set up and running at the Beaches Branch Library, as they will be up through New Year’s Eve. The library is located at 600 3rd St, Neptune Beach, FL. Visit JaxPulbicLibrary.org
Jax Illuminations Annual Drive-Thru Holiday Light Show
This light display comes with music from your own radio on their special radio station. Listen to your Christmas music as you drive through a Million lights including a tunnel, mega trees and more that twinkle to the music. Display is Sun – Thur 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Fri & Sat 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. | Mon – Thur $25 per vehicle Fri – Sun $30 per vehicle.Located at 2022 Location is Regency Square Mall, 9501 Arlington Expy, Jacksonville, FL 32225
Some neighborhood displays:
- Beauclerc Rd right off of San Jose
- This local family set up a walk-thru display in Mandarin. This display is free to look at. Parking is roadside.
- Fort Peyton - St. Augustine off of Wildwood Rd.
- You name the inflatable, it is set up at in this neighborhood! Hundreds of Christmas themed inflatables are blown up through out multiple neighbors yards. Just drive into the neighborhood and follow the circle, you will see it! Address: 3629 fort Peyton circle.
- Smiths Lights on Rue
- Walk-thru lights display located at 4930 Rue Street Jacksonville, FL 32258
- Lights On 14th
- This light display is a computer-controlled in Starke! The lights run every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through Jan. 1, 2023. It is free to attend, but if you're in the giving spirit, donations are being accepted and 100% goes to Clay Humane. Address: 15912 NE 14th Ave Starke, FL 32091
- Jacksonville Walk-Thru Holiday Light Show on Losco Road
- Check out the light display at 5084 Losco Road. All the lights are synced to music, which can be heard when standing outside or by tuning into an FM station that they have transmitting out to the road. That is pretty cool!