The City of Jacksonville does not provide sandbags. Residents should visit a local hardware store should they think sandbags will be needed.
Sandbags will be made available beginning Saturday at the following locations:
- Omega Park, 4317 County Road 218, Middleburg (8am - 8pm)
- Eagle Harbor Soccer Complex, 4387 Lakeshore Drive, Fleming Island (8am - 8pm)
*Recommended: Bring your own shovels*
St. Johns County
Sand and bags are free, but you must provide your own transportation and shovels to fill your own bags. Maximum of 20 bags per person:
- Francis Field on West Castillo Drive on Thursday, August 29, from 12 pm to 5 pm
- Windswept Acres Park, 5335 SR A1A South
- Sims Pit, 536 South Holmes Boulevard
- Hastings Community Center, 6195 South Main Street, behind the building
- Mills Field, 1805 Race Track Road, in the overflow parking area.
- Palm Valley, under the Palm Valley Bridge on the east side of the Intracoastal Waterway.
- North Beach Park, 3721 Coastal Highway (at the walkover).
This page will be updated with sandbag locations as they are made available. As a reminder, it is illegal to take sand from the beach.